Since we were jyped out of a winter (seriously it has been in the 60's and 70's all winter) at least we get to see the almond tree blooming early. Now we need to hope that a late frost does not kill them.
I built more bunny housing. I was thinking they looked like condos, but they were built slightly haphazardly, so I call them "bunny military housing".
Elliot zip-tied his thumb so tight we couldn't get anything under it to cut it, luckily Lea had a pair of finger nail clippers handy and we were able to save the thumb.
Liam lost his two front teeth. Well, he came to me and they were bleeding, so I yanked them out.
We had disease sweep the house in the form of a chest cold. Even with a high fever, Noah smiles for the camera.
Quinn, however was less apt to work the camera.
On the 26th of Feb we loaded the pigs up to take them to U of A. We seemed to have perfected the loading of pigs onto the trailer. One person puts a bucket on their head. They then try to back out of the bucket and a second person steers them by the tail up the ramp of the trailer. Just don't let them steer your hand between two pieces of ply wood!
Leigh and Quinnie had some tea time.
Julia also got her show chickens for her 4-H poultry project. She is not willing to show anything that you eat or you sell for meat. So that left her with dairy or eggs. She opted for eggs.
That is pretty much all the happenings around the farm. I will try and be better about posting as they happen!









No comments:
Post a Comment