A lot has happened this week and pictures will be coming shortly, but tonight I just don't have it in me.
We got a 10 week old Nubian goat on Thursday. Her name is Mary Jane. She is WONDERFUL. We all love her, especially Elliot. The first night she screamed well into the night. While I did not get video of her screaming this is a close approximation of what she sounded like...for HOURS. Luckily one of our neighbors work on diesel engines until three or four in the morning and the other one smoke copious amounts of weed, so no one is really going to complain about our goat screaming. She has done better every night since then. Though sometimes during the day I think that Quinnie is upstairs crying, but it's just the goat telling us she would like some attention.
We plan on breeding her next spring. We have become fans of goat milk and we have always been fans of goat cheese. We are really excited about being self sufficient with our dairy!
I also painted the girls room. (Pictures to come on that too.) It came out so cute. I have to hang the blinds and make the valances still but I will probably do that Monday.
The one thing that has saved my sanity this week is something that Julia said to Leigh earlier in the week. Julia was staring at him and not saying anything. He looked at her then looked away. She continued to stare. He finally looked back at her and said, "What?"
"Are we having a staring contest? Because if we are, I think I'm winning."
If they didn't say off the wall stuff like this occasionally, I'm pretty sure I would have run away from home long ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment