Children often say very poignant and life changing things. Just not my kids.
Julia and I were talking about how I am trying to stop drinking coffee. I told her it had been only 2 days, but I was going to keep working on it, to which she replied, "Try to go four days. If you don't go four days, I will not be impressed." So that is my mission for the next two days: to impress Julia.
Elliot sat down to dinner. He took a bite of his burger and said, almost to himself, "These are some damn good burgers." Parenting FAIL!
So many other things come out of these kids mouths, I'm going to try and be better about recording them.
Sydney keeps a journal of odd things said in our home. Interestingly, it's sometimes the adults, not the kids who say odd and memorable things. Examples - "Who's snake is in my purse?" and "Why are you going potty on your dollhouse?" and "I'm going to find something solid and hit you with it."
ReplyDeleteOH....MY....GOSH!! I can't stop laughing! That burger quote is AWESOME!!
ReplyDelete