Every few weeks we have what I call a kitchen day. Essentially, I spend all day in the kitchen baking stuff to freeze, canning, and cooking all sorts of goodies. Kitchen day can go one of two ways, either a day when the kids have minimal supervision and get in all kinds of trouble, or they help and we all have a blast! Today was the latter:
I bought all these aprons from my wonderfully talented friend Jerie. The kids love to be "real bakers". Apparently baking does not require careful measurement, great skill or quality ingredients. You just need a really nifty apron.
I had soooo much baking to do. We had one more giant zucchini from Tab and Ty that needed to be made into zucchini bread. (Nevermind I already made 7 loaves and 24 muffins.) I had 4 dead bananas that needed to be made into bread, a TON of tomatoes and jalapenos than needed to be salsa. We needed sandwich bread and I still needed to make ham and bean soup for dinner.
Each of the kids got to pitch in for one of the things we made.
Overall, I would say that kitchen day was successful! And yes, there is a huge dent in the bread from Elliot's fist. It's just what he does if left alone with freshly baked bread for more than one second. I have tried to lecturing, yelling, scolding...it seems to be a compulsion. Now I just ignore it. I make his PB&J's with the smooshed bread and he doesn't seem to care. And tonight Phoebe stole half that loaf of bread off the counter, and she didn't seem to mind either.
You are my hero!!! That food looks delicious and so good for your family. You are such a great wife and mom!!!!
ReplyDelete